Tuesday 11 October 2011

@ phil

Is it possible to use the Company of Wolves as the basis for my written assignment, I want to explore around the ideas of the female/puberty/control, the victim, seduction, power, putting certain types of animals with a human female, how does this change the characteristics or behaviour etc? e.g. wolf - preditor, parying mantis - killer, black widow - killer etc is there any oppisite corrolation?
etc. Would this be ok or would you like me to find something original?

4 comments:

  1. did the library email you about the book we requested?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this book while researching. It's not in the context of hybridisation but its about the female image in modern socity. Might be helpful. http://books.google.com/books?id=YD56gICSRk0C&dq=wolf&hl=en&ei=W66YTrL-Lc6q8AOl_YHRBQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=7&ved=0CEwQ6AEwBg

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=mantis - This is the search for mantis on deveant art. cant find the other one but there's also some interesting stuff under "Hybrid". my email is samanthagracebutler@hotmail.com Email me and i can send you the other picture :)

    ReplyDelete